- Since I don't have a margin account, I can do multiple trades each day/week without worrying about the pattern daytrader rule.
- Options give good leverage for big gains, so I can still make serious progress in a small account.
- Cash trading puts a hard ceiling on how much I can trade each day. Once I'm out of cash, I'm done for the day.
- Options settle in 1 day. The next morning, I'm back in business with a fresh head.
Monday, September 23, 2019
Trading options in a cash account
I trade long options in a cash account.
Popular Posts
-
Thursday is usually my favorite trading day. But today was tough. I wonder if I should be more wary of Thursday before monthly options expir...
-
Since ath April 7, I've had a string of losses. I reverted to old bad habits to try to dig out of the hole, of course making it worse. ...
-
Finally! I crossed the milestone account number. Maybe now I can stop trading like an ass. Premkt notes: Literal flat open. Wait for entries...
-
I am so grateful to have a new account high today. I was somewhat discouraged after Monday and Tuesday, both red. I shifted mentality and t...