Monday, January 25, 2021

Profiting on platform crash

Seems more and more common that on wild market opens, my platform crashes. I should call Schwab about this, but I don't think it's specific to Schwab. (called. they offered to help me file a dispute. no substantive answer to platform problem). Looking into it more, Trading Fraternity was saying 7 different brokers were on downdetector this morning. Can our stock market actually not handle hot electronic trading volume?

I managed to get in an order to buy/market PLTR calls, but then I couldn't get in my sell orders. Panic!! but it paid big. By the time I could trade it, I got off 1/3 for +142%, and other exits on the way back down, including the last piece off on a bounce for +11%. What a wild trade! Another reason not to take a position bigger than I could afford to lose in entirety, bc actually I could!!

Also today, at about 10:50, the market sold off HARD! I was glad to be mostly out by then. Important to have those stops in.









Popular Posts