Thursday, January 28, 2021

Afternoon profits

I was right to be scared today. It was nuts again! Connection problems, trade execution problems, market volatility!!

I tried TSLA in the morning. Got a late entry, and then I had problems with the closing order. I was worried that a contingent order wouldn't work right, so I tried a bracket order. The stop triggered and the order disappeared, but the put didn't close. WTF?! So then I tried to enter a regular order, but the system wouldn't take orders (this is one of the connectivity problems I've been seeing). Finally, I managed to get a market order in to just close it. Regretted that at first bc it dipped back down, but OMG was I glad after 10:20 when it ran up! No reason to try to trade that or anything else bc fear of the brokerage problems.

Meanwhile, GME was on a totally siiiiick run up, then all the way down. I was captivated by the drama all around it, and had some crazy puts in the swing account that I managed to get out of with my life in tact for a pretty solid gain. (not shown here bc other account).

Later in the afternoon it seemed like it all calmed down and I tried a few tentative trades. Made back what I lost on TSLA and then FB paid the rent, baby! Strange feeling to trade the pm session but "zeh mah yesh" right now. B"H I got what I got today. 







Popular Posts