Tuesday, January 26, 2021

The downs and the ups

I opened with 2 big losses this morning, on PLUG and the front part of DKNG. Then OSTK came along and saved the day massively.

Some market connectivity problems this morning, but mostly as I was finishing my trades, not on the open. Apparently affected Google, Zoom, etc. What's going on with this world? Do I need to be bracing for something? Hold more cash? Go withdraw actual cash in case electronic transactions stop working?

Annotating charts, a few hours later, my trading looks sloppy. I feel like part of it is slippage on my orders Time slippage? like I ordered at 9:31 but it's reported at 9:32? maybe I got a worse price fill, too? Can I correct that with limit orders? I feel like I'll just miss the boat. Because ultimately, I'm not trading with sensitivity to the penny. I just want in. I just want to get the meat of a move, and I feel like I can mostly do that with market orders. Am I leaving some on the table? Probably. Am I getting my piece? Yes. 









Popular Posts