Sunday, February 7, 2021

Friday losing day.

I lost on Friday. It looks like a small loss, but it was initially another BIG loss. Started by trying to meddle in TSLA on a Friday (same day exp), without any particular setup. I went short, then long, then short again... and then missed the big move up (which wasn't my kind of setup anyway).
I had a lucky setup in SNAP to recover what I did. 

That is not how I want to trade. That was emotional. And trying to be "too smart" while spinning my wheels in TSLA. That's not my best trading. I need to stick to clockwork. My kind of setups. Reasonable position size. Pay myself first.

I'm also having a "good dilemma" in that as my account grows, I can take a lot more trades and/or a lot more size. I have a lot of confidence right now which could also be dangerous. At the same time, I feel I am a more mature trader in that I am taking reasonable size. I am taking my stops. I need to stop trading "just any old anything" that's not my best setup. On the surface, I'm doing better than ever. But I know there are still bad habits that are restricting my best results.

When I used to stab at nms (not my setup) trades, it would often be devastating because I would go in too big and lose too much. I haven't eradicated the behavior, but I'm suffering less damage from it. And sometimes I win, which is a sort of destructive-reward in that it reinforces bad behavior.

If I want to develop other setups, I should do that consciously. Not just stab around.

Meanwhile, my best setups are the utter classics: 
Gap and go (one day maybe the license plate: GAPNGO)
Breakout from midday consolidation. 

For the week: 
account +11%. 
3 green, 2 red days.

Popular Posts