Friday, February 12, 2021

True to form

Is this a psychological pattern in myself, or a market pattern? When I'm feeling really self-confident, like I can just pluck dollars out of the market at will, then I'm due for a losing day?

Today I kept the loss small, but I didn't manage to dig out of it. Probably overtraded. Possibly traded scared. And/or maybe, the action wasn't there. Today has been inside yesterday, which was inside Wednesday...going into a 3 day weekend (mkt closed Monday for President's Day). And that was really the feeling, breaks not following through.

My loss today of $600 seems tiny, in context of a huge day and huge ytd gains. But not very long ago a loss of $600 would have been a big deal. And not long before that, $600 loss would have been devastating. I've come a long way.

No trading Monday, and Tuesday T is getting wisdom teeth removed, so out again Tuesday. 
New round number account balance will have to wait for later next week.

Popular Posts