Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Wild ride for net zero?

Another day that come noon I'm nursing one last position that I regret.
This, on a day where again, no real great setups (just LLY breakout). I literally should have taken the day off.

After several trades this morning I was mildly up. I was already done and logging it when I saw the market about to flush. I got too cute and tried to grab one more. The market flushed(yay) and reversed(boo) before I could even close puts. I'm a bag holder and now red on the trade. If it stops I'll have my day gains mostly wiped out. Setting a bracket. Ugh.

Lets review the principles of clockwork trading, shall we?
small size
tight stop is the right stop
pay myself first

UPDATE:
Pure chop the rest of the day. I overtraded in general, and didn't stop while I was ahead. Finished the day +0.75%. Let's call it flat.
Another frustrating day.

So how will I act tomorrow? Of course it depends on the conditions and setups. If nothing looks good, how about a day off?

LLY long was the setup of the day. BA was a lucky shot, well played. The rest was f*ing hack.


Popular Posts