Tuesday, June 6, 2023

basic green day

Opening pick was AMAT, gap down on volume, breaking levels.

When AMAT failed to drop out, I went long AMD for relative strength, and it was a great trade. If anything I didn't hold it well enough, but at the same time as AMD was getting started, SPY and QQQ were below yesterday's low. In that condition I should not be aggressively long. I scaled down at every stall, including as it got to Thurs/Fri highs. I wonder if I was too tight with some stops, if I could have stayed in with more size a little longer. 

It was not a "full bull" day, so I don't regret locking profits.

What I do regret is the trade I took in MBLY. I was thinking of the pattern where I got so burned a few days ago where a stock gapped down below a strong uptrend, found support on nearby tangle of ma's and ran up. I saw MBLY hammer and start to surge, and I lept in. The option was too thin, too spready, and it was monthly(next week) expiration. NO good all around. And then it didn't fill me out, didn't follow through and I sweated it for an hour before finally getting ~breakeven on a market order (limit wouldn't fill). And the last bit for a gain. It was a waste of mental capital.





Popular Posts