Thursday, May 19, 2022

the ugly

Thursday is usually my favorite trading day. But today was tough. I wonder if I should be more wary of Thursday before monthly options expiration, and/or market participants trying to keep everything in a range after yesterday's huge drop.

I eeked out a green day. The good: very small positions. The bad: I overtraded and mostly just chopped around esp in the opening volatility. 
Also the market chopped frustratingly.

Learn: After I made 2 losing tries in the opening minutes, I should have either walked away, or just sat tight for different kinds of entries. 

Ended up trading QQQ both long and short over lunch to make back what I lost on BABA, AMD, FB. 

Another way to know I overtraded? So many trades, and ending so late in the day (1:20!) that I don't want to annotate charts. Picture this... chop/loss/try again/loss/chop/small winner/big winner... mentally exhausted trader.

I think I sit out tomorrow and let the mental crazies wind down.



Popular Posts