Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Phew!

Made a big recovery today. Was down within a whisper of max loss, but closed up nicely. Thanks, again, to bollinger bands for helping me stay in a trade that's working.

A few minutes later, as I write this, the absolute dump happened without me. Did I trade it too tight bc I wanted to stay green? Probably. No regrets about that. It's after 11:30 already. I was in these longer than I like to be, went through some pain first and not going back to the red! 

I respected my levels. Ignoring levels is usually a recipe for disaster. Heard something wise: Have to only trade the now. Can't trade the past. Can't trade the future. Can only trade what is going on right now.

Did I trade the past by squeezing down to preserve gains? Maybe. But the way I look at it is at first, the stocks didn't immediately do what I thought would happen. So if it's not entirely behaving according to patterns, why should I give too much leeway?

Also the market is down 2-3%... why would I assume it would go lower vs bounce? Didn't want to sit with the risk any longer.




Popular Posts