Wednesday, June 24, 2020

-2% too big and a little scared

If I ever thought to trade without hard stops, see NVDA. I trade with hard stops to protect me from exactly this. If sometimes my stop gets run out I can always get back in, but if the market dumps I can not take this ride against me.

The market dumped today. I basically missed it because I was short BA and it didn't dump! WTF BA? Until after I closed it, and then it ran down much later to alllll my downside targets. Clockwork will do that sometimes. Was frustrating to watch everything else melt down except the thing I was in.

I was also short MRNA, which isn't necessarily correlated, but also didn't give up support.

Also, I tried somewhat bigger positions today. I thought I traded clockwork, but maybe I put my stops a smidge too close from being a smidge too scared. 







Popular Posts