I've gotten chopped up the past 2 days. Some big losses, esp in AAPL overnight which stopped for a loss today (not included in daytrading stats here).
I went back to clockwork. Small size. Tight stops. Pay myself. But I think the real key to today was waiting.
Another key was familiarity, because my gains today came from ROKU. I say that Roku "eats its young", which is pretty harsh, but my experience is that breaks can reverse quickly and mercilessly. The daily pattern looked bearish, but the 1 min chart was a high base. The false breakout came as the market was dropping. I entered my stop FIRST so I wouldn't get jerked. When it failed, I bought puts. I moved in and out a few times, taking profits, taking stops. It feels ok to do this because I can take profits, and maintain tight stops, but still get a little more.
Popular Posts
-
Daily setup : Gap up into resistance, no news, market starting to come down Entry/play : lower high Management : trail stop. didn't ge...
-
Ahhh. Back to clockwork. Best setups. Best plays. And it worked. Flow day. Everything like clockwork. 9:40am StreetSmart Edge platform crash...
-
Trade my best setups or PASS. WAIT for pivots to stop against. Take MY PIECE. Peace. Daily setup : looking for daily breakdown Entry/pl...
-
Today I made and lost about $1000 4 times through big positions, market gyrations and GREED. Can you imagine if I would have kept maybe $30...
