Thursday, June 4, 2020

+13% by WAITING and clockwork trading

I've gotten chopped up the past 2 days. Some big losses, esp in AAPL overnight which stopped for a loss today (not included in daytrading stats here).

I went back to clockwork. Small size. Tight stops. Pay myself. But I think the real key to today was waiting.

Another key was familiarity, because my gains today came from ROKU. I say that Roku "eats its young", which is pretty harsh, but my experience is that breaks can reverse quickly and mercilessly. The daily pattern looked bearish, but the 1 min chart was a high base. The false breakout came as the market was dropping. I entered my stop FIRST so I wouldn't get jerked. When it failed, I bought puts. I moved in and out a few times, taking profits, taking stops. It feels ok to do this because I can take profits, and maintain tight stops, but still get a little more.


Popular Posts