Daily setup: gap down below weird pattern
Entry/play: preempt 1 min breakdown. TOO EARLY. I know TSLA bucks around a lot, so I bought 3rd otm put to smooth the ride.
Management: Shorted via puts in second minute after a run up and back to day low. Initial mental stop day high was blown through, so I looked at premkt levels. It ran above the premkt high but not premkt trendline. Really I got lucky. But I also added on the way back down, stop above day high. Then it dropped out FAST. I took p/l target and kept trailing stop down all the way. Was looking at a level around 227, so I tightened when it slowed down.
Psychology: I know TSLA whips me around, so I bought farther otm put (tomorrow expiration) to slow it down for sanity. If it really surged, I would have had to stop somewhere. I was going to wait for the spike to settle (but we know, spikes can really hurt). I got lucky, and I got a chance to add. I left a LOT on the table (another 100%) with next leg down, but I did my thing. Got my piece. Peace.
Popular Posts
-
I've been wrestling computer issues for a few months now. I've bought and returned 3 (4?) computers which didn't solve my proble...
-
PREMARKET THOUGHTS I wonder if I've become too focused on my p&l, at the expense of good chart reading. I always want to take the p...
-
After a multi- multi -week losing streak, it's nice to have another sizable winning day (albeit on small account). A+ lesson is to pres...
-
Two green trades today. On LI, I waited and it went well. On MU I jumped too soon, waited with bag in hand, still did ok. I do like how I e...
