Thursday, October 3, 2019

TSLA puts +54%

Daily setup: gap down below weird pattern
Entry/play: preempt 1 min breakdown. TOO EARLY. I know TSLA bucks around a lot, so I bought 3rd otm put to smooth the ride.
Management: Shorted via puts in second minute after a run up and back to day low. Initial mental stop day high was blown through, so I looked at premkt levels. It ran above the premkt high but not premkt trendline. Really I got lucky. But I also added on the way back down, stop above day high. Then it dropped out FAST. I took p/l target and kept trailing stop down all the way. Was looking at a level around 227, so I tightened when it slowed down.
Psychology: I know TSLA whips me around, so I bought farther otm put (tomorrow expiration) to slow it down for sanity. If it really surged, I would have had to stop somewhere. I was going to wait for the spike to settle (but we know, spikes can really hurt). I got lucky, and I got a chance to add. I left a LOT on the table (another 100%) with next leg down, but I did my thing. Got my piece. Peace.


Popular Posts