Friday, October 4, 2019

Raw emotions

Such a huge mess today.
Two unnecessary trades, both terrible. Occupied my whole entire day and really cost a lot psychologically. End of day was small loser but midday I had been down devastatingly much more.

I will log them properly over the weekend but I want to comment on my emotions while it's still fresh.

At the close yesterday I had made my weekly target almost to the dollar. I don't really want to trade on Fridays but usually I find it irresistible. First fatal mistake.
DONT TRADE FRIDAYS.
Just don't F-ing trade on Fridays.

I arrived late. Second fatal flaw. My trades are out of the open. Trades starting at 1030 are by definition
NMS.
All the more reason to skip Fridays.

Third fatal flaw: Trading today's expiration. That's really getting too cute. Fatal.

Add all the other fatal flaws, terrible habits and detrimental behaviors:
Positions too big
Yanking stops
Swearing
Hoping for luck to save me
Forfeiting my day to the market
Money burning a hole in my pocket
Not walking away after first small loser
Revenge trading

Thank Gd I got lucky at the end of the day. If I had a critical loss, I would have deserved it. But I got off cheap for my indescretions with a small loss.



Popular Posts