Monday, February 13, 2023

how many ways to trade wrong

LESSON! I have a consistently profitable system. When I trade like clockwork I rake it in. When I get "too smart" I get whacked. 

Friday I had a losing day, also being "too smart". This is a cycle I need to break. It feels like I need to make it back right away. But it is futile to fight a market that is not conducive to my system. I can't make MY money if I don't get MY setups. 

So today I preempted on GOOGL and didn't take +10% when I had it, a few times, and then going to a loss. 
TSLA was a sort of desperation trade. 
All serves only to f* my mentality even worse. 

That's what should be the most dear to me, even more than 1 day's gains or losses. I need to protect my psychological capital. I improve my mentality by following my rules and raking in my corresponding gains. 

And probably I should get back to reading The Mental Game of Trading book. Am I self-sabotoging? Am I working with an inflated ego?




Popular Posts