Thursday, September 22, 2022

Peace!

Yesterday there was a fed announcement and an already bad market sold off hard. Today, a flat-ish open. I looked for stock moves on volume that weren't already extended, or deep oversold ones to buy if there is strength. I also told myself to wait 3 minutes. None of this buy the first or second bar insanity.

AMD gap down below a mini consolidation. Room to go before the June low. Not day over day extended. AMD relative weakness to the market which barcoded for the first 6-7 minutes. Plan was to take 10%, 20%, runner. After taking 10%(ok, 9% after commissions, etc) the market started flushing and I decided instead of taking 20, to trail it with a very tight stop. Cascade selloff for the win. I squeezed my stop to trail the whole thing, and sold on the first sign of strength. 

Yes, there was more downside. But I'm glad I didn't sit through the chop. I got an amazing gain and I got it so easily. A bounce from a cascade selloff can sometimes rip your face off and I wanted to keep my gains so I didn't give ANY room. PEACE!!






Popular Posts