Thursday, August 11, 2022

When the market is ripe, rake it in!

Market gapping up again today. Yesterday was a gap above a several day flag. 
Market is very ripe for breakout and continuation moves. Trust the moves to happen(?), and ride for the gains! Have to capitalize on days like this.

Cocky, yes! Watch out for that. Is it overconfidence? I don't think so. I think it is realizing that today and yesterday were ripe for big moves and I played for big moves.

What is play for big moves? Trade breakouts. Breakouts should work, so give room. Watch the market, watch other movers for sentiment. Ride the wave.

SHOP, breakout with news above long term base. I chased a little on the entry. I initially calculated a 30% move, and there was a price level just above so I reached for it. First touch, limit order didn't execute so second touch to my target, I took a market order. After some chop and some ? in the market, I got out of the second batch on stop. Last smidge to ride... didn't quite make the price target, but volume wasn't pushing that leg. Market and others on watch weakening. Didn't want to give any back, so I locked it. BH!












Follow up end of day
WHOA!!
Have to take those gains! What happened to the market?


Popular Posts