Tuesday, August 9, 2022

holdling winners

Two green trades today. On LI, I waited and it went well. On MU I jumped too soon, waited with bag in hand, still did ok. 

I do like how I exited. Check market move. At first SPY consolidated. Only at 9:45/9:50 it finally made the move to help me. Then in the 10:10 bar when SPY looked to bounce, I squeezed my stops. Both trades were near/beyond my pl target, but neither got to my stock price target (ambitious ones, granted). 

Today I was motivated by this IG I saw https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg1dhrLA4-p/
The best way to hold winning trades is to give them every possible chance to work, given the set of rules that you've developed. 


Was it in my set of rules to hold MU like that? I think it would have been better to stop/reenter, even though my loss at the top was close to max loss, where I would have stopped above there would have been beyond.

LI trade was farther OTM. So, coulda'shoulda gotten more with a ntm.



Popular Posts