Friday, August 12, 2022

fing lucky

I traded 2 tickers today, both nms 🔨
AMC gapped up after a reversal day, a continuation day, and today day 3. Seemed so strong, I thought/dreamed it would go above 28 as an anti-gravity play. Nope. Anyway, anti-gravity... really... is that one of my setups? F! I lost a lot trying that over and over like an idiot. Tilt

UPST, while actually nms, at least had some sort of logic. It was on my screen from yesterday (note: reset my screens each day...). Yesterday was gap/fail day, but today UPST seemed to hold on, and it did a strong bottoming formation in the opening bars. I went long in the surge. Then it spent the rest of the day teasing in a huge range. 

On one hand I held bc it didn't reach my tgt and it didn't break down. On the other hand, I took a 0dte call and I didn't really have time to wait. It spent 3 hours basing... and losing time... at not a great take profit level, even as the indexes climbed strongly. 

Something happened after 2:00 that sent the market up another bump and finally budged UPST awake again. By this time, spreads were like 30% in the spread so I knew I needed to get out on a limit. I hate that situation. Baruch Hashem!! It went to my price target and I got a good fill on a moderately ambitious limit order and I managed to close green on the day for all my idiocy!














Popular Posts