Friday, January 15, 2021

Insight into my recent give-backs and rebounds

This morning I had a beautiful huge up morning, really quickly. Determined not to make a dent in it, I quit. Done! Charts below. Week closes at an account all time high.

I have been pondering what has made me punch myself in the face like I did a few days this week. I think it's euphoria. A feeling of invincibility. The opening trades were clicking so well, that I thought I could just keep drawing water from that same well. 

But the climate changes after that opening volatility. Prefer to do like today, and leave it at that, without meddling in the morning's produce.

I think if I wanted to go back in, after big opening moves, I should wait at least an hour for all new setups. Consolidation. Bases. Maybe turn on bollinger bands. Maybe wait for stochastics to run to extremes and/or align on multiple timeframes. 

Baruch Hashem, I had an overwhelmingly profitable week this week even despite some destructive midday trading some of the days this week. 

The up days are stellar. See how I left a lot on the table today. When it's "my" day, I need to press. When it's not, I need to lay low. HOW TO DIFFERENTIATE??! Maybe I just do my thing, get.my piece and peace. But WFC... bummer, but I identified I was scared, and I did the right thing...reduce.

Peace.







Popular Posts