Tuesday, June 20, 2023

just flat

Start from the end... in retrospect on this day, it was only somewhat a clockwork day. I took those 20% targets. I took stops (vs yanking them, but need to work on placement/philo). I quit when I should without going on tilt... is that the consolation of the day? ... well, at least I didn't tilt?

I had a decent pick PDD. I don't mind the first trade I took. I don't mind I stopped where I did. I like that I reentered. But I took the second trade scared. I need to either hold for targets or take very tight stops. That last exit was wishy-washy. I shouldn't stop in the middle. I should take the extreme, or give it reasonable (if painful?) room. The halfway stop is just a waste.

AMZN was off plan, inside day, I chased (while inside!! cardinal sin). That's actually the one I should be regretting. 

Trading SPY 0dte is also not usually my best move. It's a lazy trade. I should be looking for relative weakness. That trade was 20% my usual size, but helped me recover.

Why would I spit at this day? I went into the first PDD trade too big(bottom row), and all the subsequent gains only almost recovered that. I'm down $9 on the day, I'm calling it flat. Seems tempting to try to jump back into something and go green, but I need to focus on trading my plan, which I have already strayed from. My pick/s are played out. I already had one lapse in reason. Calling it a day.






Popular Posts