Monday, March 13, 2023

small size ftw

Wow I had a great day today. I took a lot of trades, but all with small size and that adds up! It's smaller-than-ever size for me, proportional to my account. I really didn't think it was going to pay. But it really helps me control my losses better and that's the road to the gains!

Market is nuts lately with new bank panic/fears in play, govt to backstop or not to backstop... Not sure I understand everything, certainly not all the macroeconomic stuff. 

I had 2 picks before the open, USO for a breakdown and NET was an iffy one for continuation down. I played those for a real decent start on the day. Then started scalping 0dte on indexes (where I tend to go for lack of stock plays). That put me at first back underwater, and then wayyy in the green on the day.

I used to watch just SPY and QQQ on the 5 min for market trend/sentiment/feel. I recently started watching SPY, QQQ, IWM, DIA on 60 (sometimes 15), and it has been much more insightful.

Some of thee charts.
These are the first clockwork trades I took: USO, NET. 
Then QQQ for bottom picking, got a terrific pop.
Other trades today were micro scalping around indexes.





Popular Posts