Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Tuesday mismanagement still green

Am I just making excuses for bad behavior? DVN was mega bull pattern, but market consistently dropping. I was down hard at a few points (adding... not the best idea?) but it chopped while it pushed up during market persistent drop. I'll call it lucky to get what I got.

On the other hand, the easy money would have been PINS. It chopped frighteningly when I first opened, so I traded it tight. Stopped toptick before maaasssssive drop, while market consistently dropped. This would have been a massive trade if I stuck with it.

What is the trade discipline? Why did I trade PINS so tight and give DVN room? Market strong bull in general, so I had less faith in a short than a long, even if intraday the market was melting. Only clear in retrospect, arguably. But on the other hand, I traded PINS exceedingly tight while giving DVN so much room. 

I need to study levels more and not just rely on intraday candles.




Popular Posts