Thursday, July 2, 2020

Freakout! every rookie mistake in the books. -20% day

Lesson of the day, because obviously I haven't learned this before!...🤬
I CAN'T SAVE MY DAY WITH JUST ONE TRADE.

Was off to a decent start. And then I lost my mind. One more trade! One more try! Digging a deeper and deeper hole. And just to make sure I do EVERY trick in the books, I took home an open position (MRNA puts for next week).

So yet again, we review clockwork trading, because this is the only horse I need to ride:
Small positions (I disobeyed this one)
Tight stop is the right stop (I did ok here)
Pay myself first. ...

Pay myself first. I did this on the first few trades, but the bigger the loss the more I tried to hold (vs trim) for more gains.... then it would stop for a loss. Right? As if I've never learned this before? Pay myself first. Don't rely on one (big...bigger... omg!) trade to save my day.

Still up for the week (since last Friday), but down for the month (Wednesday). It's a really painful loss, but I know if I keep my head on straight and trade like clockwork, I can get this back, possibly even next week. Sigh...

I am not smarter than the market.
I am not smarter than the market.
I am not smarter than the market.

Pay myself first.
Pay myself first.
Pay myself first.

Small positions for the win.
Small positions for the win.
Small positions for the win.

Popular Posts