What I'm looking to trade is a 1 minute surge. Drama!
I want to be in and out fast, and within the opening ~30 minutes of trade. So I'm looking for stocks that are going to make a profit-worthy surge out of the open.
Which stocks might move like that?
Something with a catalyst. This is showing that there is a "rationale" that people are reacting to.
Something opening out of a range. This is showing that something significantly different is happening. These stocks might dump quickly. I can't jump on those trains. I need a rational pivot. Or pass.
What constitutes a pivot? If the stock gaps down, I want to see a temporary move up. Not just dump. I want to see the shorts cover, then buying exhaust, then I'm in for the renewed selling.
Opposite for gap up. I want to see temporary move down. Not moon launch. I want profit takers to get out, selling exhausts. Then I'm in with new buyers.
What constitutes "drama"?
Today I thought the market gapping down against/below strong bull bar was sufficient drama. But yesterday's strong bull bar was all time high. So maybe gap down below all time high isn't sufficiently scary for drama.
Friday, January 3, 2020
Popular Posts
-
I've been wrestling computer issues for a few months now. I've bought and returned 3 (4?) computers which didn't solve my proble...
-
Daily setup : gap below bull flag. Opened below 50mas and dropped straight out. Entry/play : puts after 1 min pullback Management : Initia...
-
Down 2% today. While that is within my tolerance of an "acceptable" loss, it is still a disappointment. I couldn't get tracti...
-
Is it coming across? I'm annoyed. I'm trading greedy/scared/swearing... These are glaring warning signs that I'm not chill. Ne...