Daily setup: Still looking for this break/run above 180 area. Officially, this is NOT my setup to preempt
Entry/play:
Management: Given that this is not my setup, I shouldn't be here and I know full well that my usual management tools need not apply. First of all I set a p/l limit order. On a 1 min scalp setup, initial stop should have been below day low or below trading pivot. Here I chose below premkt low (few cents below opening pivot). That saved my butt on the spike down then run back to day highs. Profit target got me out luckily well on first half. Then I trailed stop below pivots, but the option volatility really scared me. Stopped second half on manually trailed stop.
Psychology: In too big + today's expiration = trading scared. Opening chop clouded my thinking, so it's extra important to enter hard orders and not wing it. I would have been super bummed to have gotten stopped on the second day low, but must remember that stop would have been the thing that saved me from account destruction if it got worse.
Account destruction is enemy #1. Even worse than missed gains.
Popular Posts
-
I've been wrestling computer issues for a few months now. I've bought and returned 3 (4?) computers which didn't solve my proble...
-
PREMARKET THOUGHTS I wonder if I've become too focused on my p&l, at the expense of good chart reading. I always want to take the p...
-
Down 2% today. While that is within my tolerance of an "acceptable" loss, it is still a disappointment. I couldn't get tracti...
-
After a multi- multi -week losing streak, it's nice to have another sizable winning day (albeit on small account). A+ lesson is to pres...
