Monday, February 28, 2022

death by COIN

What the heck, self!!?

Opening trade, RUN was ok, in that I had a great setup and got my piece.
















Then I got all bunged up in COIN. Totally lost my head. Looking back, I don't think I even really had a plan on the daily chart... should have been: avoid!

First of all, despite the gap, it was trading INSIDE previous day. That means I never should have touched it in the first place. 
AND have I not learned over and over to gauge it around the VWAP?!

I'm not sure I can even explain what drew me to the short, except the gap down open. The inside gap should have just invalidated it, but I got greedy and imagined destruction below. Instead I got destruction on self! Initial short was somehow failure to move up. Was my initial stop too tight? Could I have gotten out green on that short if I held in? But then I reversed long, also viewing stronger green volume bars on 1 min. But I didn't hang in for the long either. 

With a little bit of money left (another situation where I'm likely to give too much room... the last ditch flyer), I took a farther otm put and then gave it room bc the delta was so small. Then another FATAL FLAW I got too cute and kept moving my stop out, ultimately stopping close to top tick... bc that is literally the punishment for yanking stops--I get out at the worst tick.

Red day. I deserved it. I did not trade like clockwork today. $STUDY
Closing February +85%, but it really coulda'shoulda been more. 



Popular Posts