Wednesday, September 2, 2020

+15%, but 2 different heart attacks on the way

Today was a wild day and I'm lucky to be green today. In the opening trade, I accidentally went calls on NVAX when I meant to go short (meant for ETSY calls, which would have also been a loser so maybe that's a wash), so I started with an unanticipated huge loss. Simultaneously was in NVAX puts which eventually paid but I didn't take enough off when I had the chance, so that trade didn't bail me out entirely. 

Then as I was just back to breaking even again via NIO puts, the trading platform went out for a few minutes. 2/3 limit orders filled while I was blind. Logged in to take the last third off at support (and then it dropped another ton and I missed it). I can't complain about this trade which I got sooo lucky to hang on through some really bumpy bumps (was -$200 before getting out finally +$360)

On one hand I'm so glad to be green. On the other hand, I could have had a REALLY stellar day if I didn't have to climb out of the hole. Very roller coaster day.

Glad to just shut this down and walk away from it today. 

Popular Posts